Administration Staff (Accounting and Procurement)
8 months ago
Salary Range: Confidential
Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is seeking the services of an Administration Staff (Accounting and Procurement).
Duties and key responsibilities:
- Undertake and support accounting and procurement matters.
- Undertake and support administrative assignments in general.
- Any other matters as assigned by JICA's Chief Representative/Senior Representative/Senior Executive Advisor.
- Prepare and develop accounting records and financial statements including monthly statements and end-of-the-month closures.
- Assist in auditing and analysing financial performance.
- Updating inventory & COGS accounting records including reconciliation of inventory accounts.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent.
- Holder of CPPA or ACCA certification.
- At-least 3 years of experience in accounting.
- Experience in procurement, preferable.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili (reading, writing, and speaking).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs.
- Self-disciplined and self-driven enough to work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, including experience in effective cross-cultural communication and with diverse audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- Interest, understanding and sympathy for JICA projects and activities.
- Study abroad or training experience in Japan including under the ABE initiative (preferred experience).
- Available to work from 1st May 2023.