Human Resource Director
2 weeks ago
Role: Human resources
Position: Human Resource Director
Reporting to: Managing Director
JOB PURPOSE & SUMMARY
Our client who is in the high-tech space offering global technical services is looking for a Human Resource Director to join their vibrant team in Nairobi.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Partners with the other business leaders to ensure standard HR systems, processes, policies, procedures, plans, and programs are in place and effectively utilized (compensation, employee relations, staffing, performance management, etc.)
- Track revenue recognition and ensure revenue is allocated correctly, taking corrective action where inconsistencies arise
- Supports leadership in embedding the desired culture and behaviors supporting key competencies.
- Holds first-line managers accountable for managerial work involving selection, performance management and talent management.
- Establishes timely and appropriate Operating Agreements/SLAs with service providers.
- Applies and tracks key performance metrics through an established scorecard to ensure the effectiveness of service delivery and alignment to achieve business strategy and goals.
- Compliance with all labor law, Occupational Safety and Health, and other statutory requirements
- Partners with other senior management team members to drive integrated talent management, development, compensation, and performance management strategies to build internal and external talent pipelines, ensuring a sustainable bench of growing and ready-now talent for key positions for the organization.
- Ensure Performance and Talent Management drive the achievement of business goals through objective and development plan setting, performance appraisals, and talent development.
- Promote and foster a culture and environment that is productive, open, empowering, safe, and equitable and coach others to behave and make decisions in line with the core values.
- Initiates and sustains continuous dialogue with leaders on change issues, and partners in exploring options for resolving the issues.
- Develops and implement change plans, managing the business readiness to change and the existing and new strategic and cultural issues. Monitors the execution of the business case for change against agreed metrics. Proactively “feels the pulse” of the organization and actively engages the leadership in action.
EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of HR, Business Administration or Law
- MBA in the same field is an added advantage
- Professional Accreditation is a MUST.
- 13+ years in managerial Hr
- 2+ years in the service industry is preferred
COMPETENCY AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Proficiency in Core HR Skill Areas: HR Planning & forecasting, Talent acquisition and development, OD & Change, Reward Management, Employee Relations,
- Sound understanding of Local labor/employment laws,
- Proficiency in Organization Effectiveness Practice Areas: Integrated Talent Strategies Development/Implementation, Change Planning/Management, Capability Development, Human Capital Management, Organization Design, Performance Management/Culture Change, and Team Effectiveness
- Proficiency in consulting, coaching, strategic solution development, facilitation, and design, influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills