Human Resource Data Officer
2 weeks ago
Role: Human resources
Position: Human Resource Data Officer
Reporting to: General Manager & Human Resource Manager
JOB PURPOSE & SUMMARY
Our client who is in the high-tech space offering global technical services is looking for a Human Resource Data Officer to join their vibrant team in Nairobi.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Partners with the line managers to ensure standard HR systems, processes, policies, procedures, plans, and programs are in place and effectively utilized
- Establishes timely and appropriate Operating Agreements/SLAs with service providers.
- Enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Removing corrupted data and fixing errors and related problems in the employee database
- Applies and tracks key performance metrics through an established scorecard to ensure the effectiveness of service delivery and alignment to achieve business strategy and goals.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Developing and maintaining employee databases, and data systems – reorganizing data in a readable format
- Enforces management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Retains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system and keeping past and current records.
- Performing analysis to assess the quality and meaning of data.
- Filter Data by reviewing reports and performance indicators to identify and correct problems
- Using statistical tools to identify, analyze, and interpret patterns and trends in complex data sets could be helpful for diagnosis and prediction.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of HR, Business Administration or Law
- Additional professional or short courses is preferred
- 6+ years in Human Resource Management
- 2+ years in the service industry is preferred.
COMPETENCY AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Proficiency in Core HR Skill Areas: HR Planning & forecasting, Talent acquisition and development, OD & Change, Reward Management, Employee Relations,
- Sound understanding of Local labor/employment laws,
- Proficiency in consulting, coaching, strategic solution development, facilitation, and design, influencing skills.
- Business Acumen (understanding of the business, performance drivers, and long-term direction)