8 months ago
Salary Range: Confidential
Position: Finance Director
Reporting to: Managing Director
JOB PURPOSE & SUMMARY
Our client who is in the high-tech space offering global technical services is looking for a Finance Director to join their vibrant team in Nairobi.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assists Senior Management in developing short and long-term goals and objectives.
- Participates in developing policies and procedures and ensures that they support and complement Company-wide strategic goals.
- Track revenue recognition and ensure revenue is allocated correctly, taking corrective action where inconsistencies arise
- Ensure that the financial aspects of relevant contracts are adhered to and that contracts are renewed in a timely manner.
- Partner with relevant function heads, by providing them with analysis and advice in the planning process with regard to budgeting, strategic plans, and periodic forecasts for their respective departments
- Support the value creation process by analyzing existing fixed assets details for productivity and identifying patterns applicable in new projects to maximize value creation to be recommended to concerned stakeholders.
- Support the identification process of improvement areas for different stages of an investment process to identify the potential for cash flow savings/synergies and create an optimized investment process and assist with the implementation phase
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies.
- Assist with the implementation of the performance management process by setting objectives, monitoring performance, and providing constructive feedback and provide inputs to senior management.
- Provide mentorship for the purpose of developing a continuous talent pipeline for key roles.
- Perform audits on CCO to minimize cash flow risks, and prepare corrective actions and proposals for improvement.
- Ensure the strict implementation of Internal Audit recommendations.
EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Finance, Business Administration or Commerce
- MBA in the same field is an added advantage
- Professional Accreditation is a MUST.
- 5+ years in a similar position
- 2+ years in the service industry is preferred
COMPETENCY AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Project management
- Strong communicator and presentation skills