1 year ago
Industry: Computer and information technology
Role: Information technology
Salary Range: Confidential
Reports To: Service Operations Manager
Our client is a young, agile, and dynamic B2B service provider for many large reputable companies within the technology, betting, and gaming industries. The company has a fast-paced multinational culture and a fantastic opportunity for stepping up in your career and becoming an instrumental part of the team.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
The IT Operations Shift Manager oversees the shifting teams engaged in production support services. He/she is responsible for managing and maintaining availability and uptime of the product and services and follows the incident management process in case there will be a disruption or outage in any of the application or environments in production on a 24x7 basis. The candidate will provide command and control of enterprise outages, identify, and notify the Critical Incident Manager, perform business communication updates, and support incidents as required. During the shift, the Shift Manager will manage teams performing monitoring, supporting a variety of infrastructure/network devices, applications, databases, and other production services. He/she will focus on building a high-performing team driven to consistency, operations excellence, and superior customer service to the business.
- Manage application availability and operations:
- Oversee all aspects of the major incident management process, from alert detection or receipt of incident tickets from the customer/business to incident resolution.
- Maintain JIRA Service Management incident tickets as per Standards and follow through with all related parties until ticket closing. Ensure follow-ups from previous shift teams or open tickets are made.
- Process Incident Reports for review with the Product Operations Manager.
- Monitor release deployment by Developers and Third-parties in relation to possible impact on business KPI.
- Collaborate with the Service Delivery Manager for any continuous improvement on procedures followed by the team to prevent or minimize issues in the implementation of the incident and problem management process.
- Escalate to or work with the Development team and Consultants in order to address incidents, defects, and problem updates.
- Manage communications to senior management and various business teams
- Ensure incident and change advisories are sent in time and with accurate information.
- Ensure incident updates to Senior Management are accurate and reviewed with the Product Operations Manager.
- Work on Event Management System during maintenances and service interruptions
- Maintain Global Maintenance Policies in Coordination with the Change implementation team in the Event Management System to suppress alerts during scheduled or emergency maintenance.
- Recommend or work with Product Operations Manager to create, update or maintain Alert Policy or Rules in Event Management System depending on the integration and their triggers/priorities
- Coordination of major and minor incident investigations using JIRA Service Management and different ticketing platforms of provider partners.
- Provide required reporting of issues during the shifts and handover transition documents.
- Enforcement of Code of Conduct
- Perform administrative duties of Team Lead i.e., shift rota scheduling of First level support teams, reviewing HR Timesheets.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and gracefully handle any complaints
- Ability to work different shifts, including weekends
- Relevant degree and education. BSc in Information Technology or similar field
- Relevant experience in Incident Management, Change and Problem Management Process.
- Experienced in ITIL methodologies, end-to-end support and/or related practice. Background in communication tools and platforms i.e., Slack, Status page, Skype, and others.
- Experience working with event management systems and network/infrastructure/application monitoring tools.
- Exceptional business communication skill.
- Team management abilities.
- Has people management and organisational skills.