6 months ago
Role: Customer service
Salary Range: Confidential
Position: Payment Specialist
Reporting to: Customer Service Manager
JOB PURPOSE & SUMMARY
Our client who is in the high-tech space offering global technical services is looking for a Payment Specialist to join their vibrant team in Nairobi.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Handling online payment requests by providing relevant product/service information to clients
- Navigates and uses various databases and applications to accurately and quickly capture, and maintain records of customer transactions, inquiries, complaints, and comments, actions taken.
- Respond to any queries and requests regarding emerging problems that our clients and stakeholders might face, with accuracy and efficiency.
- Analyzes and reconciles simple to moderately complex discrepancies, which require the collection and review of payment histories to locate missing payments and/or locate errors.
- Responding to incoming queries and providing accurate, valid, and complete information to clients and other stakeholders using the right methods/tools within the stipulated timeframes.
- Receive, record, and process client bills for payment in accordance with the company's policies and procedures.
- Identify,organize, prioritize, and process user requests through the system.
- Collect and verify all user documents and information.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism to increase and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Various support tasks assigned as shall be assigned.
EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in any business-related field or equivalent experience in a similar role.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Customer Service - Payment Processing related roles.
COMPETENCY AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Excellent communication (oral/writing) and presentation skills
- Excellent communication, creative, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Self-driven, results-oriented, and positive team player.
- Ability to thrive in a multitasking environment and can adjust priorities on the fly.
- Ability to respond promptly and prioritize workload effectively based on the needs of customers.
- Keen attention to detail and effective time management skills
- Eager to learn, adapt and collaborate at all levels.