Junior Data Analyst
9 months ago
Salary Range: Confidential
Position: Junior Data Analyst
Reporting to: General Manager
JOB PURPOSE & SUMMARY
Our client is looking who is in the high-tech space offering global technical services is looking for a Junior Data Analyst to join their vibrant team in Nairobi.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Collect and evaluate consumer and competitor data. Investigate market circumstances in order to assess future sales of a product or service.
- Using automated tools to extract data from primary and secondary sources
- Removing corrupted data and fixing errors and related problems
- Developing and maintaining databases, and data systems – reorganizing data in a readable format
- Performing analysis to assess the quality and meaning of data
- Filter Data by reviewing reports and performance indicators to identify and correct code problems
- Using statistical tools to identify, analyze, and interpret patterns and trends in complex data sets could be helpful for the diagnosis and prediction
- Assigning numerical value to essential business functions so that business performance can be assessed and compared over periods of time.
- Analyzing local, national, and global trends that impact both the organization and the industry
- Preparing reports for the management stating trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data
- Working with programmers, engineers, and management heads to identify process improvement opportunities, propose system modifications, and devise data governance strategies.
- Work and tasks may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed. Such changes are a common occurrence in the ever-evolving IT Operations department. All employees are expected to be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities required by the IT Operations management team, which reasonably corresponds to the general character of the Service Delivery role and their level of responsibility.
EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Data analyst roles (more than 2 year and up of experience & a relevant academic background)
- Proficiency in Python, SQL, R, Confluence, LucidChart, Google Sheets, BI tools applications is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Experience in processes such as incident, problem and project management.
- Demonstrable experience of explaining technical issues to varied audiences technical and non-technical.
- Ideally has experience of working in the frontline, both technical and support role, or technical service desk/operations environment.
- Ability to plan and execute basic analysis and/or investigation, with supporting guidance
COMPETENCY AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Demonstrates a professional and specialist culture, with a focus on accuracy of output
- Demonstrates competence across all basic analytical and/or investigative areas and is developing specialist skills
- Offers advice underpinned by professional knowledge.
- Identifies and interprets a range of information to make judgements.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to stay organized.
- Above average analytical and interpretive skills.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; ability to meet established deadlines.
- Clear and conceptual thinking ability.
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to meet or exceed performance competencies.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Honesty and integrity.