Fraud Prevention Manager
1 year ago
Role: Customer service
Salary Range: Confidential
Position: Fraud Prevention Manager
Reporting to: Director Fraud Operations
JOB PURPOSE & SUMMARY
Our client is looking who is in the high tech space offering global technical services is looking for an Fraud Prevention Manager to join their vibrant team in Nairobi.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Identify trends, patterns, procedural and strategic opportunities that will improve fraud prevention, detection results, and customer satisfaction.
- Provide business process leadership and is directly responsible for designing, integrating, and leading continuous improvement regarding fraud prevention.
- Identify new concepts and ideas, conducts analysis, and leads strategic planning sessions and projects to ensure company's success.
- Maintain fraud analysis models to improve efficiency and effectiveness of company systems.
- Liaise directly with fraud prevention partners in order to maintain and
- improve third party systems.
- Respond to requests from law enforcement and / or legal inquiries regarding member information or member
- Determine existing fraud trends by analyzing accounts and transaction patterns.
- Identify system improvements to prevent fraudulent activities.
- Recommend anti-fraud processes and new software tools for fraud detection, prevention and reporting activities.
- Generate suspicious activity reports and risk management reports for Management.
- Review customer accounts for the prevention and detection of possible fraud as well as analysis of account activity to assess levels of risk and fraud type.
- Responds to fraud dispute cases.
- Provide necessary support and guidance to new products and services from a fraud perspective.
- Training and development of the team on daily basis on processes and procedures
- Handling disciplinary issues
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Liaise with the customer satisfaction team leaders on matters arising
- Referring unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- Eight 8 years’ experience in a similar position; Four (4) of which should be in a managerial/supervisory capacity in a busy environment
- MBA is an added advantage.
- Professional qualification e.g., CPA(K), ACCA, CISA. CFA, Digital Forensics or equivalent.
COMPETENCY AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Excellent communication (oral/writing) and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other relate
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic, market environment and regulatory framework.
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Knowledge of internal audit procedure.
- Report writing-ability to develop complex reports.
- Decision making – ability to make strategic decisions in a timely and effective manner.