Fraud Prevention Assistant
7 months ago
Role: Customer service
Salary Range: Confidential
Position: Fraud Prevention Assistant
Reporting to: Fraud Prevention Manager
JOB PURPOSE & SUMMARY
Our client is looking who is in the high-tech space offering global technical services is looking for a Fraud Prevention Manager to join their vibrant team in Nairobi.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assist in developing and implementing effective Fraud detection and prevention strategies to mitigate fraud losses while ensuring an appropriate balance between risk and customer experience.
- Utilize data and leverage technology from multiple internal and third-party sources to mitigate fraud.
- Occasionally liaise with fraud prevention partners in order to maintain and improve third-party systems.
- Identify gaps and inefficiencies in processes and recommend process changes or vendor solutions to optimize anti-fraud measures.
- Analyze core reporting and operational reports and provide recommendations to improve rule performance and implementation.
- Analyze, develop, and implement strategies to detect, prevent and minimize chargeback activities in liaison with the fraud manager.
- Works with various departments to develop and implement tools and process improvements to enhance efficiency and effectiveness in identifying and preventing fraud.
- Be the expert on the latest fraud techniques and technology.
EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Psychology, Forensics, or Criminology is required.
- Experience:(3-5) years’ work experience as an investigator or fraud examiner in banking insurance or other related filed is a must.
COMPETENCY AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Excellent communication (oral/writing) and presentation skills
- Ability to interview suspected perpetrators of fraud and other individuals to elicit information, detect document fraud, and produce logical and coherent reports of findings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic, market environment and regulatory framework.
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Honesty and integrity.