9 months ago
Salary Range: Confidential
Job Title: Finance Manager
Reporting to: General Manager
JOB PURPOSE & SUMMARY
Our client is looking for a Finance Manager to join their vibrant team in Nairobi. The selected candidate will be responsible for the formulation, implementation, and administration of corporate-wide policies and business goals.
- Assists Senior Management in developing short and long-term goals and objectives.
- Participates in developing policies and procedures and ensures that they support and complement Company-wide strategic goals.
- Conducts periodic reviews of existing policies to ensure effectiveness. Ensures that financial policies are updated and are in accordance with evolving regulations, legal requirements, and industry trends.
- Executes established operational goals and coordinates their implementation.
- Assumes responsibility for developing, recommending, and implementing such internal accounting and financial controls and programs as are necessary to preserve and expand corporate assets.
- Oversees preparation of monthly, annual, and other financial reports and statements as requested.
- Coordinates audits of the Company’s financial statements.
- Assumes responsibility for overseeing the effective development, installation, and implementation of Company information systems.
- Provides leadership through effective goal setting, delegation, and communication. Conducts regular staff meetings to ensure that personnel are well informed of changes in programs, policies, and procedures.
- Conducts performance appraisals as assigned. Provides measurable feedback to accounting personnel and suggestions for improved performance.
- Oversees establishment and implementation of area organizational structure, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinates functions with other departments. Interfaces with operations personnel to ensure that their information needs are being met and that accounting procedures are accurate and consistent with organizational objectives.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective business relations with vendors, outside auditors and regulators and with those from professional trade and civic groups.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accountancy or equivalent.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of experience in a similar role within a fast-paced, result-oriented environment.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- A passion for Customer Service with outstanding problem-solving skills, documentation skills, quality focus, as well as information analysis skills.
- Outstanding work ethics (reliable, motivated, professional, and able to work under minimum supervision)