7 months ago
Salary Range: Confidential
Job Title: Accountant
Reporting to: General Manager
JOB PURPOSE & SUMMARY
Our client is looking for an Accountant to join their vibrant team in Nairobi. The selected candidate will establish and maintain internal accounting controls as well as oversee the preparation & submission of all taxation processes.
- Gather and monitor financial data (e.g. sales revenues and liabilities)
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual statements (balance sheets and income statements)
- Forecast costs and revenues
- Manage tax payments
- Organize internal audits
- Prepare budgets (for the entire company and by department)
- Monitor and report on accounting discrepancies
- Conduct detailed risk analyses to assess potential investments
- Analyze financial trends
- Perform month-end and year-end close processes
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accountancy or equivalent.
- A minimum of 4-6 years of experience in a similar role within a fast-paced, result-oriented environment.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- A passion for Customer Service with outstanding problem-solving skills, documentation skills, quality focus, as well as information analysis skills.
- Outstanding work ethics (reliable, motivated, professional, and able to work under minimum supervision)