1 month ago
Industry: Advertising and marketing
Role: Security, Safety & Compliance
Salary Range: KES 40,000
POSITION: SAFETY OFFICER
Our client is an industry leader in visual communication in the East African region, with roots dating back over 30 years. They operate a state-of-the-art facility with expertise in petroleum retail, automotive, financial, leisure, and healthcare sectors. With their highly experienced and qualified teams, they can meet the diverse needs of any interior or exterior branding concepts. Our client is looking to fill the position of Safety Officer.
As a Safety Officer, you will be responsible for facilitating compliance with occupational health and safety (OSH) guidelines. Your main goal will be to always ensure a safe working environment and prevent any injuries and accidents on Company Worksites.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to all the rules and regulations.
- Conduct a risk assessment.
- Enforce preventative measures.
- Identify process bottlenecks and offer timely solutions.
- Check if all the employees are acting in adherence to rules and regulations.
- Prepare and present reports on accidents and violations and determine causes.
- Oversee workplace repair, installations and any other work that could harm employees' safety.
- Suggest safety measures to reduce or eliminate safety risks.
- Create records of safety-related incidents and recommend corrective actions.
- Liaise with managers to track compliance and determine safety concerns.
- Intervene in unsafe activities or operations up to and including the stopping of works.
- Conduct safety inspections before or during each project to evaluate safety risks.
- Provide recommendations for improving safety in the workplace environment.
- Closely work with company management to identify safety-related issues and supervise the observance of safety regulations.
- Must be ready to travel to different parts of the Country to supervise safety-related projects.
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details.
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines.
- Can work with little or no supervision.
- Can work extra hours when the need arises.
- A team player.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Diploma or degree in Health and Safety, Business Administration or any safety-related studies.
- Prior work experience as a Safety Coordinator or similar role.
- Experience working in a field set-up will be an added advantage.
- In-depth understanding of OSH guidelines, their implementation, training programs, and practices.
- Working knowledge of reporting and developing policies.
- Conversant with MS Office. Strong communication and advisory skills.
- Diligent with an analytical mind.
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately follow instructions.
All applicants are advised to adhere to application guidelines for consideration.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.