1 month ago
Industry: Food and beverage
Salary Range: KES 150,000 - 200,000
Our client, in the tea processing industry, is looking to fill the position of Marketing Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop a marketing strategy to drive company sales to drive excellent customer experience by:
- Determining marketing objectives.
- Conducting Research (consumer, customer, competitor, industry trends) to gain understanding and actionable insights.
- Evaluating and optimizing pricing and positioning strategy.
- Devising marketing plans that outline suitable advertising and promotional activities.
- Developing budgets to achieve marketing objectives.
- Ascertaining gaps and Identifying future opportunities for growth.
Coordinate internal and external communication and stakeholder management by:
- Driving brand consistency and integrity in all communication material (point of sale materials, Tools of trade, Branding).
- Liaising with marketing agencies and service providers.
- Enhancing brand visibility across market segments across social media platforms and our website.
- Enhancing Brand knowledge and training among internal and external customers
- Participating in events, fairs, and exhibitions.
Execute marketing activities: Timely and effective execution of the marketing campaigns to support sales function & achieve positive ROI- Return on Investment.
- Resourcing and structuring the team to deliver effectively.
Budget Management: Effective utilisation of the marketing budgets to drive brand awareness, visibility, and usage.
Undertake Corporate Social Responsibility: Determining worthwhile causes and needy communities to support and relate positively with the communities to build a positive image and reputation.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (HAVE AT LEAST 5)
- Approved Annual Marketing plan.
- Marketing plan review as agreed with line manager.
- Marketing Budget adherence.
- Timely execution of planned Marketing activities.
- Impact of marketing campaigns on sales activity positive ROI.
- Increase market share (as measured by Market Research outcomes).
- Execution of CSR activities as planned.
- People Management (Retention and Performance).
- Customer (trade) & Consumer satisfaction survey.
- Incorporating customer calendar/ activities.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND TRAITS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Sales or any Business related field.
- Seven (7) year’s work experience in Product Marketing, three (3) of which have been in marketing management.
- CIM - Chartered Institute of Marketing or MSK - Marketing Society of Kenya.
- Leadership & Results Orientation: able to engage, motivate and work with cross-functional team members; Drive results through people; and hold individuals accountable for results through continuous follow-through initiatives.
- Execution & Consequence Management: Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate consequences.
- Strategic mindset: able to have a long-term perspective of the organization; see the big picture and guide others towards that envisioned goal.
- Professionalism: Negotiation & Communication skills: able to engage, persuade and convince stakeholders in order to get desired decisions, information and output in line with the envisioned deliverables.
- Good commercial and business acumen: understand, brand, consumer, industry and market dynamics and requirements.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: have a business mindset and see the commercial aspects of various initiatives.
- Stakeholder Management: Able to engage effectively with internal and external stakeholders to advance the course of the prioritized initiative.
- Not consumer focused.
- Low passion for brands.
- Low sensitivity to external and competitor environments.
- Low interpersonal skills.
All applicants are advised to adhere to application guidelines for consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.