Category Manager - Light Household (LHH)
1 month ago
Industry: Commercial & Retail Industry
Role: Operational and Managerial
Salary Range: KES 95,000
REPORTING TO: General Manager Marketing and Sourcing
Our client, MAJID AL FUTTAIM CARREFOUR, is the largest franchisee of French giant retail group CARREFOUR, 2nd retailer across the world. The Middle-East based group is currently operating more than 140 Hypermarkets and Supermarkets in 15 countries, with more than 25,000 employees from 70 nationalities. Our client is looking to fill the position of Category Manager - Light Household (LHH)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To build the planogram and modify when needed for the section, then follow with stores to apply.
- Select the assortment of the section, and range and manage price positioning and policy.
- Prepare periodical reports, analyze the efficiency of the planning and propose areas for improvement.
- Ensure the proper conservation, utilization and profitability of the company’s assets.
- Guarantee the quality, confidentiality and application and protection of the company’s “Know-How”.
- To set the annual agreement and contracts of the section with all suppliers to achieve profit targets.
- To manage, select and validate promotions with suppliers, marketing department and execution follow-up with stores.
- Provide supplier performance analysis to help categorize the negotiations from one year to another.
- Set appropriate control mechanism to ensure budget compliance and takes corrective measures when necessary.
- Propose and take necessary measures towards the continuous reduction of operational costs.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND TRAITS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Marketing or equivalent.
- Microsoft office skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical, market research and product knowledge skills.
- Strong commercial and marketing knowledge and skills.
- High sense of responsibility.
- Project Management.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Team player.
- At least 3+ years of Retail experience & minimum of 1 year in charge of a section of a department.
All applicants are advised to adhere to application guidelines for consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.