Private Label Manager
1 month ago
Industry: Commercial & Retail Industry
Role: Operational and Managerial
Salary Range: 150,000
REPORTING TO: General Manager Marketing and Sourcing
Our client, MAJID AL FUTTAIM CARREFOUR, is the largest franchisee of French giant retail group CARREFOUR, 2nd retailer across the world. The Middle-East based group is currently operating more than 140 Hypermarkets and Supermarkets in 15 countries, with more than 25,000 employees from 70 nationalities. Our client is looking to fill the position of Private Label Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Private Label Strategy
- Define the Private Label strategy for implantation across the organization.
- Align the private label strategy with the overall strategy to increase the Private Label market share.
- Standardize the merchandising, and sourcing strategy for Private Label products across MAF Retail.
- Analyze the market and identify suitable products to be developed by the Private Label brand.
- Stay abreast of market trends and innovation to develop action plans and maintain Private Label brand strategy.
- Provide necessary improvement actions aimed at organizing and maintaining logistics flow, marketing support, productivity and product display.
- Ensure Private Label items meet local sales and volume targets, price positioning and profit goals.
- Ensure the provision of support for all stores with the proper integration of MAF Retail Private Label strategy.
Tender and Negotiation
- Lead the team to source the best quality products for competitive prices aligned with the organization’s objectives.
- Review the issuances of tenders and RFQs in coordination with the relevant functions within MAF Retail.
- Revise and develop negotiation strategies to secure profitable deals.
- Oversee the development of a cost scenario analysis, and benchmarking.
- Analyze and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Review the entire process of Private Label development including quality aspects, and setting up procedures and standards for the whole business.
- Develop metrics to implement a regular product performance review and propose action plans if necessary.
- Manage and develop the Private Label items aligned with the MAF Retail Private Label strategy.
Merchandise Project Management
- Develop and oversee the implementation of examining new products within the pilot stores.
- Initiate category management projects using customer insights data.
- Measure profitability after the implementation of projects.
Record Keeping and Reporting
- Oversee the development and review of forecasts on revenue and end-of-month reports on revenue and market performance.
- Ensure proper reporting and communication flow at all levels.
Coordination and Communication
- Oversee the marketing of the Private Label in coordination across the organization in collaboration with the marketing team.
- Provide guidelines and tools to ensure the needs of Private Label products are well-defined.
- Coordinate with Merchandise Teams on the development plans for the Private Label
- Ensure coordination with the quality team for the Private Label development process.
- Coordinate with the Sales Development team to optimize the performance of the Private Label assortment to improve financial indicators.
- Oversee the provision of feedback and after-sales support for the relevant stores.
- Oversee the development of training for relevant staff on new product ranges and coordinate with the learning and development team on the implementation of the training material.
- Liaise with the internal team to provide updates on consumer trends, and required purchases and strategize as to how to boost sales while minimizing costs.
- Work closely with the marketing department to develop bespoke campaigns.
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Ensure the implementation of the performance management process.
- Provide mentorship for the purpose of developing a continuous talent pipeline for key roles.
- Identify training needs and coordinate with the HC department to ensure the facilitation of training requirements.
- Oversee the development and implementation of on-the-job training.
- Ensure constant availability of the required competent staff to support the organization in meeting all its responsibilities, plans, and objectives.
- Provide inputs while developing MAF Retail’s corporate policies and relevant procedures and monitor the implementation.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND TRAITS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Marketing.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Knowledge in the field of retail sales and cross-sell strategies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Consultative sales skills.
- 6 years in sales/marketing in a customer-facing company.
- 3+ years in retail.
All applicants are advised to adhere to application guidelines for consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.