Assistant Sales Manager - Decorative Retail
9 months ago
Role: Operational and Managerial
Salary Range: 280,000-300,000
Our client in the Paints Manufacturing Industry is looking to fill the Assistant Sales Manager - Decorative Retail position.
Manage Decorative sales activities and promote mainly Decorative products in a designated national geographical area or region by applying Jotun’s sales tools and techniques to target projects and/or dealers in order to achieve sales targets, gross margin, DSO and targeted market shares.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the market mapping and expansion in the territory by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors in order to increase our market share.
- Guide and lead the sales team in the assigned areas or region by coaching, monitoring and supervising daily activities in line with The Penguin Spirit, to ensure the achievement of team objectives.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders by having consistent updates and clear understanding in order to meet customer needs and smooth workflow.
- Evaluate and follow up on team objectives statuses, sales targets, collections, DSO, etc.
- Visit existing and new customers, contractors and consultants with the team at dealers/project sites to follow up on projects, assist in supply or apply issues, resolve concerns affecting the bottom line, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Consolidate and analyse monthly sales and collection reports and take actions to improve on the same.
- Conduct periodic performance reviews and feedback sessions with employees as required (KIT and yPOD).
- Organize, develop, motivate and lead sales teams by setting clear targets and framework, coaching, supporting, following up and monitoring each team member in line with The Penguin Spirit, to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the whole team.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales & Marketing or a business-related field.
- A postgraduate qualification is an added advantage.
- 4-5 years of experience in sales, marketing or business development.
- Sound knowledge & understanding of retail sales and working with dealers.
- Presentation and Communication Skills.
- Proficient in various computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Data Analysis Skills.
- Experience in ERP is preferred.
- Basic financial skills.
- Hands-on team management skills.
All applicants are advised to adhere to application guidelines for consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.