1 year ago
Industry: Commercial & Retail Industry
Role: Operational and Managerial
Salary Range: KES 200,000
REPORTING TO: Country Accounts Manager
Our client, MAJID AL FUTTAIM CARREFOUR, is the largest franchisee of French giant retail group CARREFOUR, 2nd retailer across the world. The Middle East based group is currently operating more than 140 Hypermarkets and Supermarkets in 15 countries, with more than 25 000 employees from 70 nationalities. Our client is looking to fill the position of Chief accountant.
The Chief accountant is responsible for establishing a reliable financial reporting system in compliance with internal guidelines and procedures which monitors the achievements of the store's objectives and provides stakeholders with relevant financial data for the decision-making process. The role holder is also responsible for recommending areas of improvement in order to achieve store targets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Budget and Cost Control
- Assist in monitoring the allocated budget for the store to ensure compliance and highlight possible issues.
- Provide inputs on the preparation of the budget when necessary.
- Provide inputs on cost reduction measures for the store.
Risk Management and Insurance Coverage
- Ensure proper and adequate insurance coverage.
- Ensure that the financial aspects of the contracts are adhered to and are renewed in a timely manner.
Internal Control and Audit
- Ensure alignment of procedures developed by the Finance function.
- Guarantee that the fixed asset register is properly maintained.
- Ensure that payroll is processed accurately and timely.
- Control suppliers’ payment terms and consequences.
- Monitor stock-check, sleeping stock, receiving controls and analyze shrinkage results.
- Perform audits on CCO to minimize cash flow risks, and prepare corrective actions and proposals for improvement.
- Ensure the strict implementation of Internal Audit recommendations.
- Review, develop and implement the financial strategy that supports the company’s corporate and business strategies.
- Oversee the preparation of store performance analysis by Department/Section.
- Prepare business presentations and reports for stakeholders periodically and ad hoc basis when required.
- Provide a summary of asset information to the management regularly.
- Responsible for business analysis and modelling including:
- Monthly financial closing (budgetary control, P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow)
- Monthly forecast
- Annual budget
- Store turnover
- Cash flow
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Assist in the implementation of the performance management process by setting objectives, monitoring performance, and providing constructive feedback and provide inputs to senior management.
- Provide mentorship for the purpose of developing a continuous talent pipeline for key roles.
- Provide inputs on training needs and coordinate with the HC department to ensure the facilitation of training requirements.
- Develop and implement on-the-job training for the team.
- Provide inputs for the development of the annual manpower plan.
- Ensure the implementation of MAF Retail’s corporate policies and relevant procedures.
Definition of Success
- Payments are made on a timely basis.
- Financial report error rate.
- Payroll is processed accurately and timely.
- Adherence to all regulatory specifications.
- Accuracy and promptness in managing bookkeeping and producing reports.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND TRAITS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- CPA K.
- ICPAK Membership.
- Strong analytical and technical skills in financial analysis and reporting.
- Good project management skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office, particularly modelling in Excel.
- Presentation skills.
- Accounting concepts and knowledge of IFRS.
- Investment appraisal process and capital budgeting.
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar role.
- 2+ years of Retail Industry experience.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.