Posted 1 month ago
Position: Workshop Technician- Vegetable Oil Extraction Plant
Reports to: Maintenance Superintendent
Location: Wote in Makueni
Our client in vegetable oil extraction, is seeking to recruit a Workshop Technician. Successful candidate will be responsible for responsible for all workshop process/production engineering relative to machining, precision fitting, welding & fabrication, overhaul and repairs
Main accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Welding, repair, rebuilding and fabrication of aluminium, cast-iron, stainless steel and mild steel products.
- Sheet metal fabrication
- Drawing and designing sheet metal and structural drawings
- Interpreting engineering drawings
- Handling workshop processes of; fabrication, precision fitting, machining and pipe fitting.
- Operation, repair and maintenance of welding machines which includes; TIG, MIG, ARC. Gas welding and cutting sets, etc.
- Precision use of metal cutting machines like; laser cutting, water jet, plasma cutting and shearing machines
- Operation of CNC welding and cutting machines
- Surface preparation and coating of metals which includes powder coating and zinc metalizing,
- Heat treatment of metals
- Repair of moulds, dies, jigs, formers and fixtures
- Planning and execution of work including leading a team
Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of diploma in mechanical engineering(production option)from a reputable institution, or final craft certificate and demonstrated experience in a busy workshop
- Over 5 years of sound continuous and detailed experience in welding in terms of TIG, MIG, ARC and gas welding relative to aluminium, cast-iron, alloys and stainless steel among others.
- Conversant with using hot work permits, JSA and all applicable occupational health and safety procedures
- Conversant with fire safety
- Conversant with all advanced welding tools and methodologies,
Conversant with all workshop processes;
- Must be organized and punctual.
- Well-presented and professional.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong multitasking skills
- Great interpersonal skills
Key Performance Indicators
- Precision repair, fitting and rebuilding of Mechanical parts
- Specialized welding, repair, rebuilding and fabrication of Aluminium, cast-iron and stainless steel,
- Precision workshop processes in usage and maintenance of workshop machines including welding appliances.
- Precision interpretation of engineering drawings and designs.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement