Principal Devops Engineer
1 year ago
Industry: Computer and information technology
Role: Information technology
Salary Range: Confidential
Reports to: Cloud/DevOps Team Manager
Our client is a young, agile, and dynamic B2B service provider for many large reputable companies within the technology, betting, and gaming industries. The company has a fast-paced multinational culture and a fantastic opportunity for stepping up in your career and becoming an instrumental part of the team.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop and test solutions following standard design patterns to deliver Platforms using Infrastructure as Code practices
- Building best-in class service engineering capabilities in the Cloud/DevOps team with practices like documentation, observability
- Responsible for Platform Operations, including building software and tools needed to deliver a high-quality product
- Driving overall reliability strategy of significant Platform systems with high reliability or quality requirements
- Make correct technology choices for components needed as part of a larger architecture, including making build vs buy choices for specific components, and choosing frameworks
- Capable of owning the overall health and engineering quality of the systems in your area
- Collaborate well and being able to present ideas/solutions to a distributed, cross-functional team environment, interacting with Managers, Developers, QA's, project managers, product owners, and other departments
- Lead POC teams to establish confidence in new technologies
- Participate as a member of an Agile team for specific and continuous high impact projects
- Ensure code quality by establishing best practices in team code reviews. Make sure code reviews are adapted to fit issues encountered on production.
- Regularly monitor production incidents and make sure that appropriate technical measures will be help making sure that similar cases are being avoided in the future and relevant lessons are learned by the respective teams
- Contribute to the resolution of any issues and incidents
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Significant experience with Terraform, Container orchestration, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Experience with agile planning, deployment, integration, test/validation, and configuration custom software across multiple DevOps tooling platforms
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Gitlab, Jenkins
- Experience with modern monitoring/observability systems like ELK, Prometheus, InfluxDB
- Strong practical administration skills in Public and Private Cloud environments
- Workflow flexibility and strong teamwork skills
- A natural aptitude for teaching and learning from others in a collaborative team environment.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement