Position: Control Room Operator- Vegetable Oil Extraction Plant
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Location: Wote in Makueni
Our client in vegetable oil extraction, is seeking to recruit a Control Room Operator. Successful candidate will be responsible for operating the plant and maintain system parameters to ensure product quality is maintained and ensure zero undetectable deviation.
Main accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Under minimal supervision, monitors electrical transmission and distribution system as well as the entire Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)system for proper oil extraction operation.
- Follow standard operating procedures for safe start up and shutdown of oil extraction plant.
- Ensure pre-start up, start up, operational and shut down checklists are completed before plant operations commence
- Utilize SCADA data to co-ordinate field fault diagnostics and manual operations.
- Ensure cleanliness of the working area
-Answers emergency trouble calls and other types of after-hours phone-calls and determines appropriate actions.
- Recalls on–call maintenance team to facilitate repairs on emergency trouble calls occurring outside of normal working hours, weekends, or holidays
-Maintains various operational records and logs and produces operational reports.
-Oversees the flow of information and reports, coordinates actions when necessary, and ensures response plans are followed during emergencies and natural disasters.
-Interfaces closely with the operations In-charge and maintenance to ensure key operational matters are performed, communicated and documented.
-Monitors and oversees the primary electrical system, using SCADA, receives system alarms to locates trouble areas.
-Maintains a log of operations to reflect any/all system concerns, and operational actions taken.
-Identifies SCADA operational malfunctions, request corrective actions, and reports uncorrected malfunctions.
-Follows standard procedures and switching orders in accordance with standard operating and safe switching practices.
-Ensure smooth transition of position during shift operations.
-Using drawings, traces and determines facilities affected by outages, and then notifies the shift in-charge.
-Complies with all HSE safety regulations and adheres to proper codes and standards with a thorough understanding of safety procedures related to Electrical Systems.
- Handle any other duties assigned by management from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or mechatronics engineering Preferred or equivalent experience and minimum 3 years related work experience
- Commissioning - Start Up: Commissioning and start-up, Decommissioning
- Land Transportation Mgmt.: Land Transportation Management
- HSEQ General (Generic)
- Organization Processes: Internal Standard, Site Management
- Supports and technologies: Standard ISO, TQM and Quality system, technical requirement and Standard
- Compliance: Local/National and International Standard and Codes, Health, Safety, Environment, Quality
- Ability to read and interpret P&IDs and PFDs