Software Developer Intern
Posted 1 month ago
Industry: Computer and information technology
Role: Information technology
REPORTING TO: Development Manager
Our client who specialises in software, web and mobile solutions development is looking to fill the position of Software Developer Intern.
Assist with all functions of software coding and design. The role holder’s primary focus will be to learn the codebase, gather user data, and respond to requests from senior developers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting the development manager with all aspects of software design and coding.
- Attending and contributing to company development meetings.
- Learning the codebase and improving your coding skills.
- Writing and maintaining code.
- Working on minor bug fixes.
- Monitoring the technical performance of internal systems.
- Responding to requests from the development team.
- Gathering information from consumers about program functionality.
- Writing reports.
- Conducting development tests.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or I.T (3rd Year and above or a fresh graduate)
- Basic programming experience.
- Knowledge of IoT technology
- Knowledge of cloud and Mobile technology
- Conversant with ERP solutions and processes.
- Knowledge of databases and operating systems.
- Good working knowledge of email systems and Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly.
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a team environment.
- Should have a good knowledge of basic programming languages.
- The ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Provides valuable support to the design team while continually improving their coding and design skills
- Focuses on the ‘why’ of technology.
JKUAT, KU AND TECHNICAL COLLEGE STUDENTS/GRADUATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
All applicants are advised to adhere to application guidelines for consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews to be conducted on a rolling basis.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.