Quality Control Inspector
Posted 1 month ago
REPORTING TO: HSEQ MANAGER/CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
Our client in manufacturing is seeking to recruit for the position of Quality Control Inspector.
To ensure quality in the project execution activities, verifying they all meet the required quality standards, participating in all the quality control-related activities, supporting the auditing vendors and contractors and coordinating with third-party authorities for quality validation/certification.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To verify that the requirements of the Project Quality Plan are satisfied by project/facilities execution activities, making sure project technical integrity is met.
- To support the quality control tests selection and interpretation of test results according to the Project’s engineering and construction codes approved.
- Review and approved the Contractor’s ITPs according to the Project’s engineering and construction codes approved.
- Implementing, and monitoring the Project Quality Control System.
- Collect and report data and results of the quality inspection performed, and test results.
- Ensure proper reporting on Quality Control data.
- Provide support for the adequate and continuous assessments of the Quality capabilities and performances of contractors.
- Coordinating Quality Control activities (inspections as per approved QCP's) and resources (Quality Engineers and Inspectors) within Construction Sites and workshops.
- Implement QC procedures and forms required for inspection, release, and non-conformance management.
- Verify that all Quality Control verifications are performed in accordance with the approved Inspection and Test Plans.
- To monitor, control and validate the welding inspections performed by the Contractor’s counterpart.
- To monitor, control and validate the concrete quality inspections performed by the Contractor’s counterpart.
- To monitor, control and validate the painting quality inspections performed by the Contractor’s counterpart.
- Participate in site construction meetings between the company and contractor.
- Review and comment on Contractors' and Vendors' quality plans, relevant quality control plans and procedures making sure they are following Company requirements.
- Carrying out technical audits to Vendors and Contractors.
- Provide reports as required to management on QC-related matters and advise on any critical issues arising relating to QC.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or equivalent).
- Technical Diploma.
- Professionally qualified quality system certifier (preferred).
- Accreditation in QA/QC Codes and Standards (CSWIP, ASME Sections V, VIII, IX, and B31.1 & 31.9, AWS D1.1, NACE, ISO 9001)
Training & Courses:
- Welding Inspection Courses Level II
- Coating Inspection Courses Level II
- Concrete Application
- Hazard Identification
- Asset Integrity Management System
- Quality Control course
- 5 years of experience in the Oil & Gas Industry field with HSE experience.
- At least 5 years of quality assurance and control experience or equivalent.
- Quality & Safety: System Management Development & Implementation, Audit & Certification Activities, Guidelines & Procedure Definitions, Business Integration, Customer Satisfaction.
- Knowledge of Civil Quality Control, Welding of Structural elements, and Piping. HSE Risk Analysis and Job Safety Analysis.
- Knowledge and know-how: Analysis, Planning and Control, Problem Solving, Results in orientation.
- Teamwork: Communication skills, Networking, Teamwork, and Team leadership.
- Passion: Setting an example: Positive attitude, Energy, Resilience
- Courage to change: Openness, Flexibility / lateral thinking, Long-term vision, Decision-making, Initiative.
- Fluent knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of the local language (if required).
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.