Posted 1 month ago
REPORTING TO: PROJECT MANAGER
Our client in manufacturing is seeking to recruit for the position of Civil Engineer.
To provide civil engineering expertise within the project development (from Conceptual Design to Commissioning/Start-up, including contractors' design reviews) assuring that civil works design meets the required engineering standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Technical integrity of civil engineering design.
- Accuracy of civil works cost and schedule estimates.
- HSEQ standards, procedures and best practice application to civil engineering design and construction plan.
- Coordinating geotechnical and geophysical surveys.
- Identifying and adopting the correct civil engineering/construction standards according to company procedures, local norms and legislation (especially about safety, pollution, HSEQ).
- Preparing technical and contractual specifications for constructions, infrastructures and civil works.
- Civil engineering reviewing and approving contractor’s documentation.
- Design reviewing (construction and installation design; yard field).
- Reviewing civil works and constructions cost.
- Reviewing and evaluating civil works and constructions bid.
- Supporting construction manager planning and monitoring project execution (schedule, cost and compliance of work to project specifications).
- Providing technical support to civil works contractors.
- Supervise construction works.
- Train/mentor junior engineers.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Civil engineering or equivalent.
- 7 years of Civil engineering experience.
- Preferred civil construction experience.
- Plant Design.
- Material Corrosion and Design.
- HSE Principles and Systems.
- Construction Works (civil & building works)
- Demonstrate aptitude for teamwork
- High-level interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at any given time with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Required personal capabilities
- Knowledge and know-how: Analysis, Problem Solving, Results from orientation.
- Teamwork: Teamwork.
- Passion - Setting an example: Positive attitude, Energy.
- Courage to change: Flexibility / lateral thinking.
- Fluent knowledge of English and the local language.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.