11 months ago
Salary Range: Confidential
REPORTING TO: CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
Our client in manufacturing is seeking to recruit for the position of HSE Supervisor.
To support the EHS Manager in enforcing compliance with the HSE standards at the workstation and the activities. Liaise with the rest of the department heads and the compliance enforcement officials to ensure Eni HSE standards and regulators are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the HSE Manager in monitoring the progress of the HSE activities through regular updates of the remedial work plans, vehicle tracker, Machine trackers and SOCA tracker.
- Carry out workplace inspections, report on the findings and institute measures to remedy non-compliances with regard to the standards set and the legal requirements.
- Write non-compliance reports and institute remedial measures for compliance.
- Proactively promote and ensure compliance with HSE system at the workplace.
- Make daily, weekly and monthly reports of all the activities at the workplace as appropriate.
- In consultation with the HSE Manager develop, manage and enforce company standards and policies with regard to HSE.
- Coordinate safety and health surveillance for the workplace
- Ensure that the company vehicles comply with the standards and staff comply with the regulations of use.
- Assist with the preparation of a construction health and safety plan.
- Confirm necessary documentation was submitted to the relevant authorities.
- Attend project planning meetings.
- Assessments and approval of contractor(s) health and safety plans.
- Attend the contractor's site handover.
- Attend regular site, technical and progress meetings.
- Facilitate site health and safety meetings.
- Identification of the hazards and risks relevant to the construction project through regular coordinated site inspections.
- Establish and maintain health and safety communication structures and systems, and distribute health and safety-specific documents to sub-contractors.
- Compiling project-specific emergency response and preparedness plans.
- Test the effectiveness of the emergency response plans.
- Conduct site safety inductions.
- Evaluate the levels of compliance of subcontractors to the project-specific health and safety plan and client specifications through inspections and audits.
- Oversee the reporting and investigation of project-related incidents.
- Oversee the maintenance of all records.
- Participation in management reviews of the health and safety systems.
- Use trends analysis to identify system deficiencies and incident trends, and outline relevant improvements.
- Incorporation of changes into a health and safety management system.
- Review and update the health and safety plan.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- A University Degree or Diploma
- A certificate in HSE training.
- A certificate in HSE training
- A Certificate in basic computer packages
- 5 years of experience in the Oil & Gas Industry field with HSE experience.
- Experienced in HSE Risk Analysis and Job Safety Analysis.
- Experience in construction is added advantage.
- Demonstrate aptitude for teamwork
- High-level interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at any given time with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Fluent knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of the local language (if required)
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.