Posted 1 month ago
Role: Operational and Managerial
Salary Range: Ksh 180,000 - 240,000
REPORTING TO: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Our client, in the insurance industry, is a pioneering and dynamic insurance company offering ethical and innovative products in risk management and mutual financial security services. They are looking to fill the position of Claims Manager.
The Claims Manager is responsible for:
- Maintaining relationships with the customers through efficient claims processing, and settlement within IRA stipulated timelines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be the single point of contact for the company on claims and manage the claims resolution process.
- Oversee the intake and processing of insurance claims for all classes of business loss based on coverage, appraisal and verifiable damage.
- Determining and delegating claims settlement authorization within the company
- Provide technical guidance to staff on claim investigation, reserving evaluation and resolution of claims.
- Conduct audits of the claims process with a view to improving efficiency and participant experience.
- Completes field re-inspections of vendor or employee claims to ensure proper claim handling and compliance with company procedures.
- Assists in the coordination of third-party service providers in all claims processes.
- Participates in training and/or mentoring of departmental staff
- Develops, analyzes and reports KPIs useful in measuring team performance as well as the effectiveness of the claim’s operations.
- To maintain a verifiable claims register.
- Coaching and mentoring Claims team members to improve participant experience and practices for claim quality assurance.
- Report to CEO on service standards and compliance requirements with IRA
- Review complex claims cases with a view of resolving them amicably.
- To be responsible for the set-up, management, and coordination of the claims department.
- Supervise & review the performance of the Claims Department and other administrative matters within the department.
- To be responsible for the coordination of outsourced specialists.
- To report to the CEO and the Board on claims management performance.
- Participate in the review of SLA agreements with 3rd Party providers.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in any business-related field.
- Excellent reporting skills.
- Minimum of Six (6) years of work experience
- 3 years of working experience in a similar role.
- Attention to detail
- Quick execution of new concepts.
- Clear, precise, and concise communication.
- Commercial awareness
- High level of integrity, and ethical standards.
- Strong organizational skills
- Team management skills
- Collaboration Skills.
- Analytical skills.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.