Security & Compliance Supervisor.
3 months ago
Industry: Commercial & Retail Industry
Role: Security, Safety & Compliance
Salary Range: KES 45,000
REPORTING TO: Store Manager
Our client, in the retail Industry, is looking to fill the position of Security & Compliance Supervisor.
The Security & Compliance Supervisor is responsible for supporting the Store Manager by completing tasks to ensure a safe and secure working environment for all employees, visitors and customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to all aspects of emergency responses to provide assistance to employees and customers and where necessary act as the command and control for the incident.
- Conduct daily / weekly / monthly checks for all safety and security equipment.
- Train store employees on the application of emergency procedures in crisis situations as per the guidelines.
Policies and Procedures
- Implement the safety and security policies and procedures in the store.
- Enforce security/safety policies and ensure that security officers' post instructions are followed, established patrols are completed, and adequate reports and logs are filed daily and weekly as per the company policies.
- Maintain strict compliance with the law and company policies concerning shoplifters' handling, searches and seizures, and the preservation of evidence.
- Identify potential safety and security risks and report to management.
- Support investigations on cases such as employee theft, breach of ethics, corruption and violations of the company policies, procedures and code of conduct.
- Identify theft trends within the assigned store, enforce theft handling procedures and improve the theft-catching rate of employees and customers.
- Perform routine monitoring and review the video surveillance footage to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures during the day.
- Participate in Loss Committee meetings and ensure action plans are prepared and implemented to reduce shrinkage.
- Document any reports related to risk within the store.
- Communicate with the store manager daily and weekly regarding safety & security issues/changes that need to be implemented.
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Proactively identify and seek professional development opportunities to improve leadership and technical skills pertaining to the direct line of work.
- Apply and follow the company’s corporate policies and relevant procedures and instructions.
DEFINITION OF SUCCESS
- Resolved/apprehended criminal cases.
- Reduced physical shrinkage.
- Maintenance of security assets.
COMPETENCIES, EDUCATION QUALIFICATION, AND SKILLS
- Bachelors’ Degree in Criminology, Security Management, Military Studies, Law Enforcement or any closely related field.
Minimum Required Experience:
- 2+ years of related experience
- Retail industry working experience is an added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized with strong multitasking skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.