Posted 2 weeks ago
Industry: Sports Wear
Our client is looking for an organized, experienced store-keeper to be responsible for all stock, staff management, and planning promotional campaigns for the store.
Duties and key responsibilities:
- Take delivery of all incoming materials and reconcile with purchase orders.
- Track, document, and resolve any discrepancies on received orders.
- Ensure accuracy of the facility’s inventory system by updating records of physical inventory totals, receipts, adjustments, and returns.
- Manage inventory/supplies and ensure they are within the established minimum and maximum levels.
- Keep up-to-date records of receipts, records, and withdrawals from the stockroom.
- Responsible for packing, pricing, labeling, and returning supplies.
- Responsible for stock rotation and coordinate the disposal of surpluses.
- Oversee the handling of freight, the movement of equipment, and minor repairs.
- Manage supplier relations and database as well as maintain high ethical relationships both internally and externally.
- Create purchase orders and utilize purchasing card to perform low-value procurement activities.
- Responsible for shipping cancelled or damaged items back to suppliers as appropriate.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
- University degree in related field.
- Knowledge of proper bookkeeping and inventory management.
- Well-presented and professional.
- Prior experience in retail, preferably in a management position, would be advantageous.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Good communication and report writing skills.
- Team player.