Position: Electrical and Instrumentation Supervisor
Reports to: Construction Manager
Location: Various construction sites within Kenya
Our client in manufacturing, is seeking to recruit Electrical and Instrumentation Supervisor. Successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring/follow-up and control of the activities performed by contractors at the construction/fabrication site, from the initial construction up to the completion of the execution phase ensuring works are performed according to project specifications, budget and respecting all relevant QA/QC standards and HSE procedures and regulations.
Main accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Timeliness and accuracy of construction progress monitor and control information provided, including contractor’s quantities executed and manpower.
- Assuring technical integrity of works and implementation of relevant HSE procedures according to standards and regulations.
- Assuring Construction Contractor and Vendors coordination.
- Assuring proper material control.
- Works progress certification.
- Monitoring construction activities are executed in accordance with project schedule, highlighting deviations and suggesting possible solutions.
- Monitoring construction activities progress, and quantities executed by contractor for Electrical and Instrumentation works.
- Verifying construction works compliance with Contract scope of works, project specifications and procedures.
- Coordinating interfaces between Vendors and Construction Contractor.
- Monitor and Control Mechanical Completion and Commissioning activities executed on site.
- Certifying Work Progress and relevant quantities - daily/weekly/monthly.
- Elaborate weekly construction progress report validated with the project base lines for communicating to the Project Management.
- Participate on site construction meetings between company and contractor.
- Review and comment specific site procedures and work practices as necessary to meet project requirements.
- Provide construction input to resolve site constructability problems using technical knowledge and experience.
- Ensure construction works are executed following the correct HSE procedures for risk mitigation and safe work execution. Report to Project Management any near miss, unsafe act, and incident.
Qualifications and Experience
Required knowledge, technical or professional skills
Required personal capabilities
Analysis, Problem Solving, Results orientation, Teamwork, Positive attitude, Energy, Flexibility / lateral thinking.