Supply Chain Coordinator
Posted 1 month ago
Position: Supply Chain Coordinator
Reports to: Agricultural Development Manager
Our client in manufacturing, is seeking to recruit a Supply Chain Coordinator. Successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Agriculture development manager with the management of green initiatives of the company.
Main accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Plan and implement the overall supply chain strategy for the selected feedstock
- Support the analysis of local agricultural contexts in the country and agricultural production to identifying business opportunities to diversify the feedstock mix for biofuel production
- Support in the identification and implementation of the most appropriate intervention models for vertical integration projects in bio feedstock chains.
- Collaborate with Procurement, Operations, and Finance teams
- Prepare reports and communicate inventory measurements to management
- Determine key supply chain KPIs
- Identify process bottleneck and implement solutions in a timely manner, suggest solutions for process improvements
- Work with finance, sales, and manufacturing team to determine best vendors and distributors
- Source and engage reliable raw material suppliers and vendors. Build and maintain long-term relationships
- Organize the delivery of goods and services.
- General Management tasks.
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Agricultural Sciences, Environmental Engineering or Natural Sciences, or the relevant qualifications or any other relevant field.
- A background in supply chain management and logistics in agri-business sector, logistics, with a specific emphasis on sourcing agricultural raw materials
- Minimum experience of 7 years in a similar role or field.
- Experience in agricultural and agroforestry development projects, analysis of existing supply chains and production potential of agricultural biomass also for industrial use.
- Knowledge of agricultural and agro-forestry production systems, with reference to contract farming mechanisms and/or agro-industrial initiatives
- Interpersonal skills, teamworking and management coordination.
- Candidate needs to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Candidate should have a network of relevant contacts to assist in job performance.
- Candidate needs to be proficient in Ms Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement