Posted 1 month ago
Industry: Banking,Savings and Loans
Position: Nurse- RDGE
Report to: Regional Medical Doctor, RDGE
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Our client a Multilateral Development Bank, is seeking to recruit a Nurse- RDGE. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a wide range of clinical functions to support the Medical Services Team.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Regional Medical Doctor, the Nurse will:
- Perform clinical functions - give first aid, carry out prescribed treatments, immunization, provide medications for minor ailments, health counselling, etc.
- Assist the Medical doctor in conducting medical examinations and giving treatments.
- Advice on mass immunizations, when required.
- Make recommendations for specialized examination, arranging/coordinating hospital admissions of staff, conduct hospital/house visits of sick staff member, temporary staff or consultants.
- Extend medical services to staff dependants by arranging appointments for private consultations and hospital admissions.
- Brief and debrief newly appointed, Staff, short-term staff and consultants assigned to the Bank and Field Offices on medical facilities available, immunization requirements and prophylaxis measures.
- Maintain records of periodic clinical statistics (illnesses, consultations, immunizations, medical evacuations, and maternity leaves, number of cases attended daily); input and update the Immunization Monitoring System.
- Maintain emergency and standard medication in stock.
- Regular inventory of medications and medical equipment for Medical Centre. Make a request to Medical Doctor for replacement and reordering the new medication.
- Checking the medication for expiry date, on regular basis.
- Ensure compliance by the staff of periodic medical examinations, arrange appointments with the Medical Officer and inform staff of necessary preparations and maintain appropriate follow-up system.
- Bring to the attention of Medical Officer cases that require further action, e.g., medical travel, extended sick leave, maternity leave, travel by business class).
- Ensure staff awareness of current Bank recommendations on medical matters, malaria, immunizations etc.
- Maintain confidential files of all Bank’s staff and ensuring their confidentiality.
- Maintain a close liaison with accredited hospitals and physicians where staff members and their dependents are hospitalized.
- Visit hospitalized staff and follow up on their care after discharge. Visit staff on long sick leave
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned.
COMPETENCIES (skills, experience and knowledge):
- Hold a Bachelor's or equivalent degree in Social Sciences, Public Health or related discipline such as Nursing and Midwifery.
- Have at least five (5) years of relevant clinical experience in an acute hospital setting.
- Additional qualification in psychology or Nutrition and dietetics is desirable
- Registration as Nurse/Midwife and Licensure in country of origin is desirable
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of Nursing principles and practices are an asset
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and document a comprehensive discharge needs assessment are an asset.
- Ability to initiate and manage innovations and changes.
- Active participation in a staff motivation programs.
- Ability to interact effectively with people, and cooperate with other colleagues
- Capable of motivating, leading and inspiring enthusiasm and trust.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications
Terms of Employment
3 months contract renewal based on performance, continued work needs and budget availability.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement