11 months ago
Salary Range: Confidential
Position: Warehouse Supervisor (Finished Goods)- Vegetable Oil Extraction Plant
Reports to: Logistics Superintendent
Location: Wote - Makueni
Our client in vegetable oil extraction, is seeking to recruit a Warehouse Supervisor. Successfulcandidate will be responsible for Planning, organizing, supervising and participate in the operations and activities of the District Warehouse; train, assign, supervise and evaluate assigned staff
Main responsibilities and activities
- Plan, organize, supervise and participate in daily warehouse operation and activities, including the receipt, documentation, storage, safety and distribution of equipment and supplies and maintenance of inventory.
- Train, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned warehouse employees; assign workloads to warehouse workers.
- Receive, unpack, pack, load, issue, store and deliver materials, textbooks, supplies or equipment; complete packing slips for shipments as assigned.
- Route, schedule, pack and prepare orders for delivery; load vehicles; schedule and oversee deliveries and pick-ups.
- Supervise the processing of requisitions and requests to invoice for reimbursements of warehouse codes; complete requisitions for needed materials to assure adequate stock levels.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of records and logs and prepare reports as required; maintain inventory of items in the warehouse; file records as required; supervise the assembly of inventory printouts and catalogs as required.
- Operate a computer to enter data, correct errors and control key screens as required.
- Operate and demonstrate use of specialized warehouse equipment as necessary; assure proper and routine maintenance and servicing of warehouse vehicles and equipment
- Observe health and safety regulations; maintain warehouse in a clean, safe and orderly condition.
- Assist management in establishing warehouse standards and procedures; advise
- of budget-related needs; assist in the bid process for various supplies as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in logistics, supply chain management or Business Administration.
- 3 years of experience in similar roles
Required knowledge, Technical or Professional skills
- Warehousing and stock control methods and procedures.
- Methods of receiving, inspecting and issuing materials.
- Materials, equipment and supplies used in a school district.
- Operation of a forklift and other assigned vehicle and equipment.
- Warehouse operations, procedures, equipment and terminology.
- Space utilization and inventory techniques.
- Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Inventory methods and practices.
- Principles and practices of training and providing work direction.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Plan, organize, supervise and participate in the operations and activities of the Warehouse.
- Train, supervise and evaluate personnel.
- Utilize space efficiently and effectively.
- Maintain inventory.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Operate warehouse vehicles, machines and equipment.
- Receive, issue, store and return warehouse stock and supplies.
- Lift, move, sort and store objects.
- Plan and schedule work.
- Maintain accurate records of stock transaction.
Required personal capabilities
Analysis, Problem Solving, Results orientation, Teamwork, Positive attitude, Energy, Flexibility / lateral thinking.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement