Posted 2 months ago
REPORTING TO: Financial controller
Our client who is an Oil Marketing Company licensed to undertake the businesses of Importation, Wholesale & Exportation of Petroleum Products is looking to fill the position of Senior Accountant.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for Stakeholder Management at the following levels:
- Front Office
- Middle Office
- Finance Facilities
The Senior Accountant will be expected to work at the MF HQ in Dubai hence domestic and international business travel may be required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in maintaining accounts payables and receivables.
- Prepare journal entries, keep the balance sheets up to date and assist with monthly account closings.
- Perform the bank reconciliations and prepare necessary material for audit purposes.
- Ensure that accounting transactions are booked accurately in accordance with Professional Codes of Practice, Accounting Standards, and Service Level agreements.
- Receive and verify the accuracy of invoices and book them in accounting systems.
- Prepare and record inter-company debit and credit notes.
- Reconcile the inter-company accounts.
- Ensure the Implementation of Accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepare Accounts payable Reports.
- Coordinate with various control functions in evaluating financial data and systems. Maintain a feedback loop for system improvements and enhancements.
- Adhere to a strict reporting deadline, perform monthly close process, including but not limited to recording transactional, payroll, and overhead data in the accounting system, and perform reconciliations, as necessary.
- Develop a deeper understanding of financial results for the quarter and provide commentaries and analysis.
- Preparation and presentation of entity financial results, including board packs. Develop confidence to conduct board meetings and answer senior stakeholders.
- Work closely with auditors and tax consultants to prepare, verify and submit Statutory, Tax, and Financials returns. Support external annual audits under Swiss GAAP and IFRS (have included this as Switzerland will be our head trading office).
Beyond the day-to-day control of the accounting function and systems, this role encompasses the following responsibilities:
- Budgeting and planning, including cost control.
- Debtors and receivables control, Position analysis.
- Able to maintain a strong internal control environment, identify control weaknesses and put remediation steps.
- Proactively gain an understanding of new accounting standards and their potential impact.
- Respond to ad hoc requests and assist in special projects for the Head of Finance such as Transition and adoption of Full IFRS, Fair value measurement, Swiss Tax changes, etc.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a similar field of study.
- Master’s Degree.
- Certified/ Charted Accountant.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience.
- Experience in an Oil Commodity Trading company is preferred.
- Accounting Standards (IFRS, GAAP).
- Attention and Enjoyment to/in detail.
- Quick adaptation to new concepts.
- Clear, precise, and concise business communication (written & oral).
- Leadership experience in change management.
- Innovative problem-solving abilities.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
All applicants are advised to adhere to application guidelines for consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.