Category Manager (Fresh Foods)
Posted 1 month ago
Industry: Commercial & Retail Industry
Role: Operational and Managerial
Salary Range: Ksh 100,000 - 130,000
Our client in the retail industry is seeking to fill the position of Category Manager Fresh Foods (FFD).
The Category Manager is responsible for the management and coordination of suppliers as well as supporting purchases for the company. The role holder is also responsible for assisting with the selection, quality assurance, and competitive pricing of products that get to store shelves, in catalogs, and on the e-commerce platform.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain conversion rates, click-through rate, number of views, and search but not purchased items on our E-commerce platform.
- Implement negotiation strategies to secure lucrative deals
- Remain updated with the emerging changes in supplier negotiating power and leverages.
- Implement methods to mitigate out-of-stocks, shrinkage, and overstocking through analysis of data and prepare control strategies.
- Develop reports on key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Manage expenditure and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement and purchasing costs.
- Coordinating with other internal stakeholders to ensure a smooth flow of operations.
- Identify suitable opportunities for the respective category through selection, profitability, and sales trends-based customer needs.
- Analyze daily data pertaining to price fluctuations and price problems for the specific category.
- Build and maintain relationships with senior leaders of partnered vendors to grow and optimize the joint retail and import businesses within the scope of the specific category.
- Work to ensure a reliable, operational cost-effective flow of goods, from ordering to reception.
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Offer support in the implementation of the performance management process by setting KPIs, and monitoring performance.
- Offer constructive responses to direct reports while empowering the team for growth through mentorship.
- Facilitate training and feedback to direct reports when and as required
- Provide inputs to senior management through reports and analysis
- Proactively identify and seek professional development opportunities to improve leadership and technical skills pertaining to the direct line of work.
QUALIFICATION EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, or Business Administration.
- Solid analytical, troubleshooting, planning, and organizational skills.
- Operational dexterity and nimbleness to adapt to changing retail environment.
- Proficient computer skills – MS Office, SAP, Salesforce, Advanced Excel skills
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in Category Management.
- 1-2 years of Retail Industry experience is a MUST.
All applicants are advised to adhere to application guidelines for consideration.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.