SALES & MARKETING COORDINATOR
Posted 1 month ago
About the role.
As a Sales & Marketing Coordinator for Kenya you’ll have the opportunity to build, develop, and scale comprehensive marketing strategies in Kenya. Working together with cross-functional partners across operations, policy & communications you’ll be empowered to champion, build, and manage strategic growth initiatives that are core to specific local opportunities and needs.
In this role you will have a huge focus on positioning the Client brand as the best ride hailing app of choice. You will understand the value propositions of all products and define their growth and awareness strategies.
- Drive marketing development - Oversee the creation of marketing awareness campaigns, guiding the development of creative and engaging content that our riders need and want. You will partner with a high-performing cross-functional team that includes counterparts in local operations, SSA central Ops, Product Management, legal and comms to meet shared objectives and key results.
- Measure for impact - Working with operations and marketing channels, test, iterate and measure impact campaigns have on awareness and adjust accordingly to optimize for results and KPIs.
- Manage and motivate a sales team, ensuring they are targeting the right areas, measuring their performance, and motivating and training them on the job.
- Originate, negotiate, and close deals with targeted strategic partners.
- Penchant for data: You just go get the data you need and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions and drive growth.
- Top-notch at market research: You know your market, customers, and competition better than anyone, and you integrate this information into your growth strategies.
- Master storyteller: You can craft a compelling narrative across different channels - you know how to match the message to the medium.
- A "builder" personality: You're biased toward action, a great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier. You never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery.
- Incredible at articulating the essence of products and the value they create. You can make the most complex products incredibly simple for consumers to understand. You can develop a strong messaging hierarchy and effective content strategy. You shine at copywriting.
- Excellent project management skills with a keen attention to detail.
- An awesome and optimistic attitude. We work hard and have a blast doing it.
- Measuring and reporting on the ROI of different campaigns
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Management, or related field from a recognised university.
- At least 4 years experience in a consumer product marketing role.
- Experience working with influencers and social media platforms.
- Sales experience is a must as this is a customer facing role.
- Experience managing a team is beneficial but not required.
- Ability to take initiatives and easily adapt to constantly changing work environments.
- Desire for strategic partnerships, being proactive and creating positive and lasting relationships.
- Experience in Brand Management an additional benefit.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to persuasively communicate recommendations and effectively champion customer needs.
- Highly autonomous - able to work with minimal oversight.
- Project Management: good organization & time management skills.
- Ability to use data to support decision making.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and creative thinking skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Problem solving skills: when you see a problem, you work hard and think out of the box until you fix it.
Our Client is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.