Category Manager – FMCG
Posted 5 months ago
Our client, MAJID AL FUTTAIM CARREFOUR, is the largest franchisee of French giant retail group CARREFOUR, 2nd retailer across the world. The Middle East based group is currently operating more than 140 Hypermarkets and Supermarkets in 15 countries, with more than 25 000 employees from 70 nationalities. Our client is looking to fill the position of a Category Manager – FMCG
The Category Manager is responsible and accountable for managing and monitoring products within their specific category (i.e. FMCG). In addition, the role holder must monitor and record conversion rates, click through rate, number of views, and search but not purchased. Finally, the Category Manager is responsible for analyzing data within their respective category and providing input and insights to support business decisions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of quality assortment, pricing and content creation for the category’s e-commerce section.
- Maintain and improve conversion rates of the respective category items.
- Negotiate for best prices and deals from suppliers/vendors.
- Identify and develop growth opportunities for the respective category.
- Resolve price problems and fluctuations in the respective category.
- Work to ensure a reliable, operational and cost-effective flow of goods from ordering to receipt.
- Monitor and analyze Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) such as vendor import share, vendor operational metrics, out of stock rates etc.
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Proactively identify and seek professional development opportunities to improve leadership and technical skills pertaining to the direct line of work.
- Apply and follow MAF Retail’s Human Capital corporate policies and relevant procedures and instructions.
QUALIFICATION EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any business-related field
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience across product innovation, with channel E-Commerce experience.
- Retail industry experience is a must.
- English (Full professional proficiency – Required)
- Arabic (Professional efficiency – Advantage)
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement